Marketing Ideas for your Restaurant’s Grand Opening
Creating excitement around your new restaurant is a critical step in its launch, and hosting a grand opening is a great way to generate buzz. Whether you plan on having one epic event, or spreading the opening across multiple events, it is important that your grand opening is marketed properly. The following ideas can be very effective at making your grand opening a massive success:
- Attract People with Promotional Offers: Free drinks or other promotional offers are a great way to incentivize people to attend your opening, and they help to generate enthusiasm.
- Connect with the Community: Promote your opening whilst building relations with your community, by targeting certain groups in your area. Hand out promotional flyers about your event to the church across the road, or the sports team that plays in the local park, and start building a loyal, local, customer base.
- Get Active on Social Media: Start an Instagram, Twitter and Facebook page, so you can start uploading promotional photos and videos about your opening. You could even start a YouTube channel, and film behind the scenes videos on your phone, showing your chefs preparing dishes for instance, or your staff organizing the event. The Covid-19 pandemic has only reaffirmed the importance of having a strong presence on social media.
- Partner with a Local Charity: Partnering with a charity, and potentially donating a percentage of the events profits to that charity, is a great way to encourage people to attend your opening. As well as the charity benefiting, your grand opening will benefit from the charity promoting the event to their subscribers.
- Flyers, Emails and Adverts: You can also market your event in more traditional ways, from distributing flyers and banners, to newspaper, radio and/or TV adverts, depending on your budget. If you already have an email list, remember and send out promotional emails to your customers, which clearly state any offers available.
- Invite Journalists and Social Media Personalities: You can also use your grand opening as a marketing event itself. By inviting local journalists, food reviewers and social media personalities, you can generate interest in the days and weeks after your event. During and after the grand opening, these influencers will post articles, photos and videos about their experience, which will help to create interest on a wider scale.
The marketing strategies that you choose will reflect your budget and the level of time you can dedicate to implementing them. Getting active on social media is an inexpensive strategy for instance, but it can consume a reasonable amount of your time. On the other hand, hiring a professional service that specializes in marketing campaigns for newly launched restaurants will probably help save you time and give your restaurant a boost of new customers to get the word-out about the awesome food and experience at your restaurant. If you need professional help with a marketing campaign focused on the launch of your restaurant, Contact Us for details of how Restaurant Tool can help with your restaurant’s Grand Opening.