8 Reasons to hire an Expert to help with your Restaurant Startup
Opening a new restaurant can be a daunting experience, given how many factors you need to take into account. Yet it is important to try and build your new restaurant on solid foundations from the start, as this can drastically improve the chances of it becoming a long-term success. That is why hiring an expert consultant for your restaurant is necessary in many instances, as their expertise can help you avoid major pitfalls, whilst maximize opportunities.
8 Key Areas Where an Expert Restaurant Consultant Can Help
Hiring an expert consultant for your new restaurant can help your business in a variety of specific areas, including in your:
- Restaurant concept and brand development: Expert consultants use their knowledge of previous businesses and current trends to examine whether there is market for your concept. Consultants can conduct market research to gain insights into the popularity of your concept in your target location. They also can work to improve the clarity and attractiveness of your brand.
- Menu creation and development: For any restaurant, the menu is often the first impression a customer gets of your business. A consultant can help ensure that your menu is in sync with your concept and brand, as well as optimize your menus layout, prices and design (i.e. colors, font, language), to help maximize sales.
- Preparation of a business plan for funding: Using their experience with previous restaurants who have obtained funding successfully, a consultant will be able to guide you through the process of writing a business plan, and give insights into good and bad practices that will help your chances of receiving funding.
- Obtaining a start-up loan: If you hire a consultant, you can list them on your restaurant business plan. This may improve your chances of getting funding, as loan providers may see your proposal as less risky, considering you are being advised by consultants who probably have previously worked with profitable restaurants.
- Restaurant layout and design: A consultant can help you work out the layout of your restaurant, so that service can flow well, meaning that you can efficiently serve as many customers as possible, maximizing profits. They can also assist in ensuring that the interior design of your restaurant is appealing to customers, whilst still being connected to your concept and brand.
- Search for equipment and food suppliers: From years of experience in the industry, consultants will usually have a large network of suppliers that they know and trust. The consultant can then advise you on which suppliers are trustworthy and which are best to avoid, in addition to what equipment is best to buy, and what is best to rent.
- Hiring and training staff: As a new restaurant, it can be too expensive to hire a full HR team. Consultants can assist with this, using their knowledge of the industry to hire and train staff for critical areas of your business.
- Marketing and advertising for your restaurant: Consultants can conduct research to identify your target customer, and create and manage cost-effective marketing campaigns, using their experience with previous restaurants to drive more business.